1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 Mama May i: Deleware Children's Museum

Deleware Children's Museum

I love Children's Museums...in general. I always have. When I was a child. When I was a teenager. Now that I am an adult. I LOVE how interactive things are...and I love that designers, toy makers, builders, and artists come together to collaborate on such remarkable learning spaces. It is inspiring.


I've recently had the opportunity to see a few new-to-me children's museums. The Delaware Children's Museum (DCM) just opened about two weeks ago. Having a Please Touch Museum Super Membership (I am a part of the ACM network so I can go to other children's museums free of charge) I decided to give this one a try.

Initially I was put off - finding out that my ACM network didn't work there. If I had bought my membership and ACM status from, say, the NJ Discovery Museum, it would have gotten me in no problem...but because I bought it through the Please Touch Museum it didn't work. This really made me frustrated...especially when I had to pay $12 admission for both Buga and Myself.

The museum is Beautiful. It has the same professional look and feel that the Please Touch Museum does. It's not Mom-and-Pop, it's definitely corporate. It is professional and put
together. There is a lot of natural light throughout the building. The exhibits are thought out and pretty. We really enjoyed the recycled garden area...the river...and the "tot" space. There
were several exhibits I wanted to take my time looking at, but my 2-year-old made it impossible. The floors are still partially unfinished...and I don't think it's a design element. There are several exhibits still "under construction..." and there isn't a theater or additional programming going on. It is only one floor, and though beautiful, I felt like I overpaid. Buga actually said she was ready to go...where other museums I've had to bride her with lunch just to get her out the door.

Though we did have a good time while exploring.



Labels: , , , ,