Valentine's Day Button Heart & Tutorial

Tutorial Can Be Seen HERE



I made this as one of our Centers for our Love, Valentine's, Heart, Caring Unit. It is a Valentine's Day Candy "Box" to help Buga enhance her fine motor skills through buttoning. She always WANTS to button, but it's a difficult task for little fingers, so I wanted to give her a fun way to practice.







I think it can be a little frustrating sometimes, but we work on it together and she enjoys the feeling of accomplishment when we get chocolates in the box.


I also made it a matching game, just in case the buttoning part was too difficult, I wanted her to still feel positive about the game - matching the chocolate shapes appropriately to their wrappers...we discuss the shape names and how many sides they have. It was fun to make - I just love that I have a little time right now to make things for US again! :)

Comments

Stopping over from High Paw/Best Toys for Toddlers. I love this activity! Great job! You have a wonderful blog! Kerri
Mahmood Ali said…
So gorgeous! Valentine's Day Button Heart & Tutorial is very valuable for me and specially for homemade designers.
Custom gift cards
Membership card printing
Jessica Perkins said…
Thanks for the LOVE and following our blog. Happy Exploring!

Popular Posts