1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 Mama May i: Tabbouleh

Tabbouleh

I had never eaten Tabbouleh ... until recently. Some good friends introduced it to me, on a lunch play date, in this medley. I am so excited and so grateful to be building my meatless recipe repertoire. I love having new, healthy, go-to options - especially ones that have a lot of plant-based protein. I have been trying to expand my food favorites to include more vegetarian options.


This combination has saved me from stopping for fast food - Even on long road trips! Easy enough for me to dip, dip, crunch ... with one hand. 

So, what is it tabbouleh?

According to Wikipedia ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabbouleh ) :

"Tabbouleh (Arabicتبولة tabūlah; alsotabouleh or tab(b)ouli) is a Levantinevegetarian dish (sometimes considered a salad) traditionally made of tomatoes, finely chopped parsleymintbulgur andonion, and seasoned with olive oil,lemon juice, and salt. Some variations add garlic or lettuce, or use couscousinstead of bulgur."

Here is a Recipe I found on The Wanderlust Kitchen that looks beautifully delicious! ( link: http://thewanderlustkitchen.com/tabbouleh-salad/ )


I haven't made it myself yet, but this recipe seems easy enough and looks incredibly yummy. I buy the fresh-packed tabbouleh from WholeFoods. I make quinoa at home and then combine the tabbouleh and quinoa together (for extra protein!) and store it in the fridge. 

I have been eating it with red-roasted-pepper hummus (also fresh-packed at WholeFoods) and their 365 brand Seaweed rice crackers. 

I love following through on the commitment to nourish my body with healthy foods. And it has been exciting finding more plant-based foods that help fill and fuel my body. When I follow through on healthy choices it makes me feel more at ease inside - invigorated, even. Joyful. 

The best part - my children enjoy this combination as well! Yummy!

Nourish your Body, Nourish your Self. Enjoy! 

Labels: , , , , , , ,